GeBBS Healthcare Solutions
The primary responsibility of the Remote ED Coder is to assign appropriate ICD-10 CM and/or CPT/HCPCS codes based on medical record documentation, as needed for clients contracted with GeBBS Healthcare Solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assigns ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and/or CPT/HCPCS codes, as appropriate, and abstract pertinent information from patient records using the EPIC EMR system, with the assistance of the 3M encoder.
- Utilizes technical coding principals and APC reimbursement expertise to assign appropriate diagnoses and/or procedures
- Ensures optimal reimbursement of all cases in compliance with CMS policies and procedures and Official Coding Guidelines
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings and identifies concerns to the auditor and/or to the supervisor
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association
- Adheres to Official Coding Guidelines, CMS policies and regulations and Client’s policies and procedures
- Ensures client’s production and quality expectations are met
- Communicates professionally and effectively with clients, coding staff, and GeBBS corporate staff
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Certification from AHIMA: Must hold at least one of the following certifications: RHIA, RHIT, CCS or COC
- Minimum of 3 years ED Facility coding experience preferred
- Good communication skills
- Successful completion of GeBBS background screening and hiring process
- Successful completion of client ICD-10 CM, and ICD-10 PCS screening exam(s) with a passing score of 80% or greater
Why Work at GeBBS?
GeBBS delivers a people-oriented, equal opportunity culture that supports a friendly work environment, innovative ideas, and a benefits-rich employee package.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Eligibility
We provide strategic solutions to an expanding customer base of healthcare providers, and medical billing companies. With a current staff of over 4,000 professionals, GeBBS is a 7-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies.
“People are our greatest asset” is much more than just an expression to GeBBS. We make every effort to foster an environment where our teams can find an ideal balance between work and fun. Employees at GeBBS believe in being client-centric, open and ethical, innovative, and outcome-driven.
GeBBS is an equal opportunity employer and believes in creating a supportive and diverse workplace. We want to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, the Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate.
Learn more about GeBBS Healthcare Solutions